Discover the world of containers and Kubernetes in one day. You will learn how to boost your business by deploying secure, resilient and scalable services. This course offers many practical workshops, including the deployment of a production grade application.
This course teaches participants the following skills:
- Understand how containers work
- Understanding the architecture of Kubernetes
- Manage a Kubernetes cluster using the kubectl command
- Understand the main resources offered by Kubernetes
- Manage access control and isolate sensitive information using Secrets and RBAC
No prerequisite is necessary to make the most of this course.
This course is intended for the following participants:
Consultants, developers, cloud architects, administrators and SysOps / DevOps staff, IT managers and all participants wishing to discover Kubernetes.
Module 1: Docker and containers
- Why use containers?
- What is an image and a container?
- Build your own image
Module 2: Kubernetes Architecture
- Understanding the components of the Kubernetes control plane
- Understand the architecture of Kubernetes: pods, namespaces, labels
- Understand that Kubernetes is a big API
Module 3: Kubernetes Operations
- Working with the kubectl command
- Inspect the cluster and pods
- View Pods console output
- Connect to a pod interactively
- Manipulate the kubectl command line
Module 4: Deployments and ReplicaSet
- Create and use Deployments
- Scaling your workload thanks to the scheduler and ReplicaSet
- Deploy an Nginx proxy
- Downscale and upscale our proxy
Module 5: Service
- Learn to expose applications within the cluster
- Exhibiting a Nginx through a service
Module 6: Persistence and Storage
- Reserve storage space with PersistentVolume
- ConfigMap to centralize configuration artifacts
- Use Secret to isolate sensitive data
- Use ConfigMap to configure a Spring application
Module 7: Access control and security in Kubernetes
- Understanding authentication and authorization to the Kubernetes cluster
- Define Kubernetes RBAC roles and role bindings to access resources in namespaces
- Prohibit access to sensitive data